The Skinny Green Can

A Blog that promises very little - but delivers a step or two, more than expected.

Thursday 6 August 2009

Reporting In for Duty.

I'm not new to the blogging scene, but that being said, I wouldn't consider myself a regular, experienced blogger. I first used blogging on blogspot.com when I was enrolled in my first university degree at Charles Sturt University in Wagga Wagga, but blogging quickly became something I enjoyed and utilized to publish other elements of my non-academic life. Take my trip abroad: I backpacked with my best mate around the UK and Europe and used a blog to publish our reflections (once) instead of sending (several) people individual emails saying the same thing. And you've got to admit - accessing a website, like this blog is far simpler and user-friendly then having to log into one's email and subsequently facebook. And it looked great - the layout of our site interspersed with our pictures of our travels and a very simple and direct comment system for our family and friends to reply to.

I'm actually happy about using a blog. I think it's a clever way for Lecturers/ Tutor's to effectively determine, conveniently (by jumping online when-ever, where-ever) exactly how we're progressing without fumbling through piles of paper. And again, its a great way for a student, to conveniently (by jumping online when-ever, where-ever) 'slap' up a post - mere seconds before its due, and not have to concern themselves with ever having to scramble for the car keys, drive to Uni, find a park and burst into a tute - books falling from your armpits, lenses askew, hair gone bland, shaking from an over dose of caffeine from one of those 'skinny green can's' and hand in something 'physically.'

Doing things the other way around - I'll briefly end with who I am. My name's Joel. I'm 22. I'm at Griffith Uni. I study Communications ("What's that?" - Most respond.) I play Cricket, Basketball and I ride a motorcycle. I'm a New South Welshman at heart - but I don't give a shit about the State of Origin or The Broncos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home