The Skinny Green Can

A Blog that promises very little - but delivers a step or two, more than expected.

Tuesday 22 September 2009

Chrome Takes Mantle As Fastest Browser.



I've found an interesting article that mirrors my thoughts lately and which applies to the course. Google Chrome, Google's web browser - which is in direct competition with Microsoft's Internet Explorer 8 and Mozilla's Firefox 3.5 - has been reported today to be the fastest internet browser.
The article can be found here. To be frank, I'm not much of a computer-freak, i take an interest here and there, and normally i don't have much time for the lastest results on which program nudges only marginally in front of another, but I just find it both intersting and increasingly relevant.

It's interesting from the perspective of Google's ascent. Everything they have a go at, they succeed with. When their browser first appeared, I didn't care, all i knew was that Firefox was far better than Internet Explorer - and I knew better than everybody else. I looked at Google, taking a stab at the web browser market as greedy; as attempting to become even more dominant and try and grab even more of a slice of the pie in markets that weren't their own. But when I picked Chrome up for the first time, I realised that it really was the quickest. Two seconds less, everytime you load a page may not seem like much but it adds up. Not just that, but your surfing just flows so much easier. Ok, ok. I'm talking about a web browser - pretty boring, yes...but it's a vehicle for using the net and consequently: communicating. And as long as Google continue to revolutionise internet technology - like with Chrome - New Communication Technologies will continue to emerge and evolve, and I'll continue to have something to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home