The Skinny Green Can

A Blog that promises very little - but delivers a step or two, more than expected.

Friday 21 August 2009

Damm Poms.

Here's whats on my mind.

1. There was a deal at 'Woolies' tonight: 3 Boxes of Assorted Twinings Tea for $4. I was quite excited. Im quite a connoisseur. On average, i drink about 5 mugs a day. I like it strong, yet full of milk. My biggest complaint is normally that Tea-bags aren't strong enough. So, imagine my delight to find one of Twining's more experimental 'origin' varities: "Lapsang Souchong" which has a strong, smokey flavour with a dark golden twinkle. It sounds like me! And yet, how wrong I was. To describe the flavour, and this may sound rather inarticulate, but the taste reminds me of the smell that radiates from a box of medical supplies. It's that overwhelming smell of sterilizer. I think I might just stick to Dilmah.


2. Pitchfork Ezine, my favourite Music Mag/ Website has released it's Top 500 Song list. Check to see how many they've picked that you listen to.

3. England's Wicket at 'The Oval' has been criticised for the way it's quickly breaking down, causing the bowling to be inconsistent, and favouring Spin. (Only England has a selected a full time spinner: Graeme Swann.) Look here for what 'Warnie' and Michael Holding Have to say.

4. Lastly, something in the Sporting world which is of great concern to me is Australia's Former Moto Gp World Champion, Casey Stoner's withdrawal from 3 Races due to a 'Mystery Illness'. This pulls him out of the World Championship running, gives Valentino Rossi are clear run to the finish, and makes those 3 Races he's absent from considerably less interesting from an Australian point of view.


Fortuneately, he's back for the Race at Phillip Island Victoria. Fortunate, because my best mate and I have bought tickets to that particular race - and we are making the pilgrimage down upon our Motorcycles. For me, from Brisbane, it's over 2000km's one way. So over 4000km's all up. Quite a lot of riding for me, but something I look forward to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home